Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Flat Out

The man said, "The woman you put here with me— she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it." Genesis 1:12

Far, far too often I have presumed that my lack of faithfulness to the Lord is someone else's fault. How foolish!! Not only foolish, but a game of deception i play with myself. What would it look like if i simply pushed the pedal all the way down with no excuses? Today. It simply must begin today. There can be no more waiting. Is it my heart? My mind? Something else?

And it's not just me. Why do we play these games? I see it all around me. Christians offering every excuse for not living "flat out" for the honor and glory of God. The early Christians literally gave their lives. The Christians in China today literally give their lives. Today, regardless of whatever the consequences may be, must be the day to begin... again. Nothing to stand in the way as far as it is within my power.

Grace. GRACE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home