Friday, July 22, 2005

How Can I Know?

"I will lead the blind by a way they do not know, In paths they do not know I will guide them. I will make darkness into light before them And rugged places into plains. These are the things I will do, And I will not leave them undone." (Isaiah 42:16)

The reality is, i can't. What i know is what i believe i know. Everything i think i know has come through filters of various sorts - physical, mental, emotional, perhaps even spiritual. Biological? Circumstancial? Social? Inherited? Practiced? I have no way to objectively evaluate or interpret anything. All i can do is use what i have to make a determination of what i experience.

Truly, I am blind.

Yet the Bible says Jesus gave blind their sight. One man, blind from birth, didn't know anything about Jesus escept that Jesus had given him something he'd never before in his life had - the ability to see his physical surroundings.

God, himself, promises to lead the blind. Will Jesus heal my blindness? Will God lead me despite my blindness? Aside from whatever it is God chooses to do, i have no other hope.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home