Saturday, January 01, 2005

What's New?

I've never been one for New Year's resolutions. I've just kinda figured if i was going to begin something or start something new or even restart something, why wait... ? But if i was going to make New Year's resolutions, here are some i'd make...

1. I'm going to love more extravagangtly and sacrificially. While i don't think you have to be more loving in order to sacrifice more, i don't see how anyone can love more without sacrificing more. In fact, it seems to me that, unless sacrifice is for the sake of love, the value of the sacrifice is pretty small.

2. I'm going to read more. I'd love to say i'm going to read at least one book a week. There's so much to learn, so much that i need to learn. Mainly, i'd love to read more biographies and wisdom of some the ancients - Iraneus, Chrysostom, Augustine, Aristotle... what about some of the eastern writers? I need to know what these men (and probably some women) found out about God and life and goodness and love.

3. I'm going to be bolder in my faith. I'm going to pray more with people and share more intentionally and regularly with those who don't know Jesus Christ.

4. I'm going to quit procrastinating. 'nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home